Director/Senior Director, Medical Affairs
The Director, Medical Affairs will serve as a medical expert of Venatorx anti-infective products to internal and external audiences. (S)he will be responsible for leading the development and execution of Medical Affairs plans, including the cross-functional alignment with internal strategic partners within Medical/Clinical Sciences, Commercial, and Regulatory Affairs. The Director, Medical Affairs will also be responsible for the engagement of healthcare professionals and the exchange of scientific/medical information to advance Venatorx development and medical activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads and directs the development and execution of the Medical Affairs strategy in alignment with key stakeholders.
- Develops and executes the Medical Affairs Plans required for successful launch, life cycle, and Medical Affairs activities.
- Responsible for the medical content of the launch and life cycle plan.
- Functions as the external medical expert for Venatorx anti-infective products during the development and execution of advisory boards, medical education programs, and medical conferences.
- Function as the internal medical expert, developing product training materials, and developing/reviewing the medical content of medical field force and commercial communication material.
- Maintains medical expertise of the anti-infective space including thorough knowledge of anti-infective products.
- Manages the publication plan, timelines, review and approval process, and vendors.
- Assists in the development of the Medical Affairs function including a medical field force and medical information/communication.
- Assists the Medical/Clinical Science teams with support and communication with investigators.
- Pro-actively Identify unmet need and evidence gaps and identify opportunities to address.
- Establishes and develops relationships with a wide variety of healthcare professionals to achieve scientific, advocacy, educational, and patient outcome goals on behalf of Venatorx.
- Works closely with Compliance, Legal and Regulatory to ensure that all medical affairs activities and services are fully compliant with US regulatory and compliance rules/law.
- Advanced degree (MD, Ph.D., PharmD) required; MD preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of medical affairs experience required; the anti-infective therapeutic area preferred.
- Solid understanding of product lifecycle and the value and relevance of Medical Affairs for the company.
- Demonstrated record of success in developing and executing Medical Affairs plans.
- Highly analytical, accountable and results driven.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish strong working relationships with peers and external audiences including key opinion leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of key US regulatory and compliance rules/laws.
- Experience leading and developing highly effective medical field forces, preferred.
- This position may require up to 30% domestic/international travel (While 30% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status