Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical
In this laboratory intensive role, the Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical will provide effective bioanalytical support by designing, executing, testing, analyzing and reporting results to determine NCE levels in various biological matrices.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in developing, qualifying and transferring bioanalytical methods to determine DMPK profiles.
- Responsible for sample preparation (LLE, SPE, PPT, Ostro) from various biological matrices, in vitro experimental design and execution, and maintenance and operation of UPLC/MS/MS.
- Design various experiments independently while interacting with Discovery biologists and possible CROs.
- Work closely with scientific peers and communicate with Scientific collaborators from outside partner organizations.
- Team responsibilities will include design of biological and cellular assays to support small molecule lead discovery, optimization, preclinical compound testing and nomination, evaluation of compounds in relevant disease models, and PK-PD evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree (MS) a plus
- 10+ years’ Bioanalytical or related experience working in laboratory
- Experience with UPLC/MS/MS method development and sample analysis experience
- Experience with MassLynx a plus
- Ability to develop and qualify new techniques, keep accurate records, follow written protocols, and comply with company policies
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing business needs and priorities
- Adept in variety of sample preparation techniques
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting UPLC/MS/MS method and instrument problems
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status