The company will also present five posters featuring its lead clinical antibacterial candidate, cefepime/VNRX-5133
Malvern, PA, May 31, 2018 – VenatoRx Pharmaceuticals will feature its lead clinical antibacterial candidate, cefepime/VNRX-5133, at ASM Microbe which is taking place in Atlanta, GA from June 7-11, 2018.
VNRX-5133 is a new-generation beta-lactamase inhibitor (BLI) with unique broad-spectrum activity, covering both serine- and metallo-beta-lactamases. VenatoRx is developing VNRX-5133 in a fixed combination with the 4th generation cephalosporin, cefepime. VenatoRx believes that cefepime/VNRX-5133 has the potential to become a valuable treatment option for infections caused by multi-drug resistant (MDR) gram-negative bacteria, including carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, suspected polymicrobial infections caused by both gram-negative and gram-positive pathogens, and bioterror pathogens such as Burkholderia spp. and Salmonella spp.
This project has been funded in whole or in part with Federal funds from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No. HHSN272201300019C, and Wellcome Trust under Award No. 360G-Wellcome-101999/Z/13/Z.
VenatoRx’s presentations at ASM Microbe will take place as follows:
This session will highlight the discovery of new antimicrobial agents. VenatoRx’s presentation entitled, “VNRX-5133: A Selective, Potent and Broad Spectrum Inhibitor of both Serine- and Metallo-Beta-Lactamases” will be presented by Founder and Senior Vice President, Biology and Grants Development, Daniel C. Pevear, Ph.D., on Friday, June 8, 2018 at 10:15am in Building A, Level 4, A411 and Lounge and Learn 1.
This session will feature presentations from industry representatives who will highlight the field's latest technologies to hit the market as well as those on the horizon. VenatoRx’s presentation will take place on Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 11:00am on the Exhibit Hall Floor in Booth #2422.
Poster presentations featuring VenatoRx’s lead clinical antibacterial candidate, cefepime/VNRX-5133, will be held on Friday, June 8, 2018 from 11:00am – 1:00pm in the Exhibit and Poster Hall, Building B, Halls B2-B5:
Session# 42 – CPHM02 Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing: Gram-Negative Bacteria
- Poster: FRIDAY – 226 – Development of CLSI MIC and disk diffusion quality control ranges for Cefepime/VNRX-5133. L. Koeth, S. Cusick and L. Xerri.
Session# 62 – AAR08 – New Antimicrobial Agents and New Research Technologies: New b-Lactamase Inhibitors and Inhibitor Combinations
- Poster: FRIDAY – 609 – In vitro activity of cefepime in combination with VNRX-5133 against gram-negative UTI isolates. M. Hackel, D. Pevear and D. Sahm.
- Poster: FRIDAY – 610 – Cefepime/VNRX-5133 retains potent activity against KPC variants responsible for recent clinical treatment failures of Ceftazidime/Avibactam in Klebsiella Pneumoniae. C. Myers, D. Daigle, N. Kurepina, B. Kreiswirth, R. Shields, C. Clancy, M-H. Nguyen and D. Pevear.
- Poster: FRIDAY – 611 – Evaluation of the impact of variation in standard testing parameters on the activity of cefepime in combination with VNRX-5133. S. Hawser, S. Magnet, I. Morrissey and S. Cusick.
- Poster: FRIDAY - 612 – Efficacy of cefepime combined with VNRX-5133, a novel broad-spectrum ?-lactamase inhibitor, against a cephalosporin-resistant ESBL E. coli in a murine UTI model. W. Weiss, M. Pulse, P. Nguyen, D. Valtierra, K. Peterson, K. Carter, D. Pevear and C. Burns.
About VenatoRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Led by a world-class team of pharmaceutical veterans, VenatoRx is a private pharmaceutical company that is developing a new wave of antibiotic products to combat the increasing threat of carbapenem antibiotic resistance. VenatoRx’s lead product, VNRX-5133, is an injectable broad-spectrum beta-lactamase inhibitor (BLI) that directly inhibits all four Ambler classes of beta-lactamases. Early clinical studies of cefepime/VNRX-5133 have been completed and VenatoRx plans to start Phase 3 pivotal trials in the second half of 2018. In addition, VenatoRx has a broad pipeline of preclinical programs, including a broad-spectrum orally bioavailable BLI, and a novel class of Penicillin-Binding Protein (PBP) inhibitors that are impervious to beta-lactamase-driven resistance. For more information, please visit www.venatorx.com.